Does Andy want kids? Does Imogen? What about when she “hits the wall” and her biological clock kicks in? (Part 1 of 2)
Dealing wtih ruts/lack of motivation;
- Just START.
- Use self-medication/rewards to motivate yourself.
- Build small daily habits using “The Slight Edge” book.
- Lower the barrier to entry – use the “1 Pushup Challenge” method).
- Does Imogen want kids?
- Is she just being naive because she’s only 20?
- “Hitting the wall” – what about when she’s closer to 30? Will her “biological clock” make her regret her decisions?
- Always be working on a mission – life is a process of achieving a mission then starting on a new one.
- Kids are a form of “self-improvement project”; you have them so you can have a mission/responsibility.
- What about when everyone else is having kids – would you feel pressured?
- Debating, playing “Devil’s Advocate”, and my friend’s views on this.
- Mission: Hold a Baby
- Getting that “mentor/mothering” itch scratch.
- Opening one door means closing another door. It’s a choice – don’t have kids and get to travel the world, be free, not be tied down, etc. Or have a family. Both have pros and cons.
The Slight Edge:
1 Pushup a Day:
Open Relationships Podcast:
Self-improvement is a lifelong endeavour:
Want a question answered on the show? Send it to me here: